Thursday 31 March 2016

Lies, All Lies

I have a confession to make. 

Anyone with even the most rudimentary knowledge of spinning, knitting, history and farm animals will have noticed that some of the entries in my blog are not, in fact, true.

But nobody has pointed it out. 

Go, slink away in your ignorance.

These days, I'm measuring gauge in degrees.  The traditional method of measuring stitch gauge and row gauge was not obfuscatory enough, and I have recently discovered some drawbacks in using stitches per square inch.  Better, cheaper, faster is my motto, so I got out my trusty protractor:






Now, place this on your knitting.  Count the stitches all around the semi-circular edge.  This will give you stitches per semicircle (sps).  Double this to get your stitches for the full 360 degrees.  Simple.  Even the ladies should be able to manage this. 

1 comment:

  1. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete