Wednesday 31 July 2013

Padded photography gansey

It has recently been brought to my attention by the local fibre experts, that a very necessary adjunct to good photography is a 'shelf' on which to rest one's camera.  I'm an old man with no bosom to speak of, so the Photography Boobs Gansey project was born.  History tells us that gansey-knit garments have been made with specific cables for specific purposes.  The codfishermen of old used herringbone travelling crossed stitches in the welting to prevent lampreys from eating their testicles, and I'll be using the same technique, as pioneered by the Vikings, to create a chest-shelf on which to rest my camera.

14th Century Woodcut Depicting Codfishing from Viking Longboat

2 comments:

  1. Is this thing eating my comments - no worry they are all filled with beeOr is it I who am filled with beer. Guess.

    ReplyDelete